Back to the Data Model
This relates to an Enterprise Data Model for the Retail business.
The US Association for Retail technology Standards ('ARTS') has published a very interesting Data Model.
Oracle offers a Retail Model, with an excellent Tutorial.
IBM also offers a Retail Data Warehouse.
B. Barry says the Things of Interest are :-
2. Customers Sales
4. Others to be determined
C. The Business Rules are as follows :-
1. A Customer can have zero, one or many Customer Sales.
2. Every Customer Sale must be associated with a valid Customer.
3. A Customer Sale is always associated with a Payment Method.
4. A Customer Sale can have one or many Products.
5. An In-Store Purchase is always associated with a member of Staff.
© DataBase Answers Ltd. 2011