Back to the Data Model.
The Draft Business Rules have been defined and are listed below.
The Area being Modelled is :-
A University Sports Center
The User Requirements have been defined as follows :-
A Database is required for an online web site for university sport centre.
The web site mainly contains two main functions which are court reservations and club membership.
The users can be either internal or external,which means that the user can be Student/Staff or
a person from outside.
A Typical User Scenario :-
1) The user checks whether a court is available on a specific date and time.
2) The Court can be either an indoor or an outdoor facility, and the fees would also be displayed.
3) When the user reserves a court, a deadline of two days ahead would be given as the dead-line for
making payment for the reservation.
4) After that the reservation is confirmed by sending an e-mail to the user which contains the User ID,
5) The user would go to the Sport Center to make the payment and show the ID at the reservation desk.
6) Online payment is not included in the phase of functionality because most of the students and staff are
not using credit cards ;).
7) There is a requirement to keep track of the users,specially if they are not members in the university.
8) A Database will be created for those who do show up to make payment for their reservations!.
9) The same thing for joining a club.
B. The Things of Interest, ('THINGS'), include :-
C. These THINGS are Related as follows :-
C.1 A USER can make zero, one or many RESERVATIONS.
D. Other Characteristics of these THINGS include :-
D.1 A USER must have an EMAIL ADDRESS.
E. Sample Data includes :-
E.1 To be determined
F. Typical Enquiries include :-
F.1 To be Determined
1st. May 2004