Back to the Data Model.
The Area being Modelled is :-
The Specifications have been defined in the following terms by Adnan khan (aak007 at hotmail.com) :-
Subject: Time Tracking / IT charge back Data Model
First of all thanks for the awesome "database answers" web site,
It's a great resource for peoples for learning database data modeling.
I have a specific questions for you,
I am working on a project in which i have to design a dimensional data model for
mainly storing time sheet data which involve time sheets, projects, tasks, activities,
employees, cost centers etc.. also this has to be used as a source to provide data to GL
for iT charge backs across multiple biz units etc ..
Some business rules are
1) there can be multiple time sheets for the same period for the same employee
2) also involve retro fixing the data if the cost center id's changes
3) time can be reported to a project or project task or an activity in a project or a project task.
4) time can be charged to an asset
5) project or tasks or activity can be charged back to multiple cost center with different % totaling 100%
I would be very thankful if you can help me with a starter dimensional data model along with anything you feel helpful.
C. The Things of Interest
© DataBase Answers Ltd. 2009