Back to the Data Model.
The Draft Business Rules have been defined and are listed below.
A. The Area being Modelled is :-
B. The Things of Interest include :-
- Animal Breeds
- Animal Checkups
- Dietary Requirements
- Food Items
- Food Item Categories
C. How are these Things related :-
- An Animal can have one and only set of Dietary Requirements.
- Animals have regular Health Checkups.
- Each Animal Breed has recommended Daily Dietary Requirements.
- Each particular Animal in the Zoo my also have special Daily Dietary Requirements.
- A Diet is made up of standard Food Items.
- Each Food Item is in a recognized Food Category.
- A Zoo can have zero, one or many Animals.
D. Characteristics of these Things :-
- An Animal has :-
- A Name, a Data of Birth (if known) and is of a recognised Breed.
E. User Scenarios :-
- An Animal arrives at the Zoo.
Database Answers Ltd.
1st. November 2002