Here's the page showing the Initial set of Ten Data Models.
Here are some earlier notes on how we might work together ...
"Our work together could look like this :
1) Port the Data Model library (http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models) from Access to SQL Server Express.
2) Distribute them for free on the Coding4Fun and Express sites.
3) Build tutorials around the schemas from #1 above.
These should be in a very similar format to the videos found on this Page on the Microsoft Site.
- Provide the schemas as both SQL Scripts as well as prebuilt MDF files.
- Provide both with and without sample data.
- Start with the top 10 most requested models. Over time, add more.
- Over time, add Report Packs (using SQL Server Reporting Services) for each schema.
For example, (in rough priority order) :-
Barry suggests - In addition, Tutorials will be defined at three levels of Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
4) Write a monthly article on database topics for Coding4Fun site.
These articles would need to be targeted to the beginner or enthusiast developer.
5) For the future, additional areas to work together could include eBooks or Generic Models.
- Using a database schema to jumpstart building an application or Website
- Fundamentals of database schemas
- Customizing a database schema to meet your needs
- Using Database Diagrams in SQL Server Express
- Building your own schemas