Ask a Question
What is an Enterprise Information Portal ?
Designing a Portal involves :-
- The Enterprise Portal is a central gateway to the processes, databases, systems and
workflows of an enterprise.
- When personalised to the job responsibilities of employees via the Intranet, the
enterprise portal provides a seamless, single point of access to all of the resources
that employees need to do their jobs.
When further personalised securely via the Internet and Extranets to the interests of
suppliers, customers and business partners, the enterprise portal becomes the integrating
conduit of the many different sources of data, including databases, systems and workflows
each enterprise uses to carry out business with others.
Building a Portal involves :-
- Establishing the User Requirements.
- Identifying the Data Sources.
- Designing the Data Model
- Drawing up the 'Top 10' User Scenarios.
- Choosing a Vendor.
- Relating the User Scenarios to Components.
- Assembling the Components.
- Populating with sample Data
- Putting on User Trials.
Related Topics :-