A Tutorial on Database Schema - Slide 3 - Overview
Back Next Slide
- Overview of Buying from Amazon.com and Starbucks
- Take Delivery
- This diagram is an overview of our Database Schema which we will be going through in detail before we review it at the end of this Tutorial.
- We will be talking about a Database Schema covering Customers, Deliveries, Orders, Products and Suppliers.
- We will start by looking at a Schema for Starbucks and then moving on to Amazon.
- Bear in mind that the more complex solution includes the simpler one.
- Before we begin, let me say that I have adopted the plural for Tables (such as 'Customers') because it is more natural than the singular form.
- Strictly speaking, Data Modellers would be using the singular for a Data Model of this type, but I prefer
a more User-Friendly approach.
- Data Modellers would also refer to Entities, rather than Tables, for the 'Things of Interest'.
- You will notice that I also refer to Tables for the same reason of being User-Friendly.
© DataBaseAnswers.org 2006